Website Xede Education
Post: Curriculum Manager Health Sciences & Social Care
Contract: Permanent Hours: 35 hours per week
Reporting to: Head School Science & Engineering
Responsible for: Course Team Leaders and other academic /technical staff within the curriculum area
Grade: Leadership and Management
Salary: £41,095 – £47,615 per annum
- To ensure the effective development and delivery of the curriculum in the following area(s):
- To line manage academic and, where appropriate, technical staff within the team.
- To be responsible for quality assurance including lesson and tutorial observations, self assessment reports and quality improvement plans.
- To support staff to be innovative in all aspects of teaching and learning and to help embed the use of e-learning.
- To monitor performance targets (e.g. recruitment, retention and achievement targets for learners) taking action, as necessary, to address under performance.
- To be responsible for the learner experience ensuring the highest levels of satisfaction for all learners ensuring the learner voice is heard and acted upon.
- To be a member of the School Management Team with responsibility for the planning and delivery of activities.
- To undertake teaching and learning activities. (an average of 15 hours a week except where agreed otherwise).
Expectations of the Post Holder
- To demonstrate model behaviours that at all times, are consistent with an open, inclusive and participative style.
- To be proactive in identifying and pursuing opportunities that are appropriate to maintaining his/her professional development, and actively participate in the Group’s appraisal scheme.
- To carry our his/her duties at all times with due regard to the Group’s policies, including Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, and Data Protection, and participate in training as and when required.
- To work flexibly and to undertake such other duties that may reasonably allocated by the line manager.
Leadership and management
- To prepare course and staff timetables as required.
- To ensure the maximum use of accommodation and staffing resources.
- To ensure that learners and staff take pride in and responsibility for the learning environment, including the tidiness, comfort and safety of accommodation within the remit of the College.
- To be responsible for the management of staff within the curriculum area.
- To assist in inducting, supporting and developing staff, especially the support for part-time staff.
- To be responsible for the booking of part-time lecturers as required and in line with college policies.
- To act as Course Team Leader for specific course areas, as appropriate.
- To carry out lesson observations and staff appraisals.
- To assist in the development planning and the construction of the School’s course portfolio.
- To assist in the leadership and management of the School, including the marketing, curriculum and business planning processes.
eXede Ltd is acting as an Employment Business and the successful applicant will be engaged by the agency on a PAYE basis. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and full applicant vetting processes will be carried out, including enhanced DBS checks Childrens and/or Adults Barred List checks included for any applications made. This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.