Website Xede Education
Lecturer and Assessor in Early Years Education
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: P24 – P35 (£24,358 – £33,728)
Are you passionate about Early Years Education and are looking for a new challenge? I am seeking a Lecturer and work-based assessor for an FE College. It is a very exciting time to join the team as they have just invested to grow their programmes and improve facilities specifically for this strand, supporting local and national initiatives.
You will need to be highly motivated and enthusiastic about the sector as well as being a strong team player.
You will need to have a good understanding of the sector and recognise the skills required to work with children. We would like you to have experience in the Early Years setting and/or have experience of teaching Early Years Education at Post-16.
You will also need to hold an assessor’s qualification and use this to frequently visit learners on their placements and complete the necessary paperwork. Holding a driver’s licence for this role is desirable.
Adopting an innovative approach to teaching, learning and assessment along with a passion towards the subject, you will be expected to deliver high quality theory and practical lessons across levels 1 to 3.
Alongside the teaching, giving high quality support to learners through personal tutoring will also be an integral part of the role.
- Generous paid holiday entitlement of between 30 and 40 days, exclusive of College closure days and public holidays.
- Contributory salary pension scheme (23.68% Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Continuing Professional Development for all staff
- Refer a friend and earn a reward
- Rewarding You – a fantastic employee benefits programme exclusively available for staff.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Staff have access to this programme run by the Royal United Hospital. It is a free and strictly confidential short-term counselling and support service (up to four meetings after an initial assessment session with a qualified counsellor)
- VDU Eye Care Tests – The College offers all staff a voucher for a yearly eyesight test for those who are having eyesight issues when working at the computer
- Progressive family friendly policies (exceeding statutory requirements) that supports a health work/life balance, all staff are entitled to request flexible working.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.