Website eXede Recruitment
**** Maintenance & Premises Assistant ****
This Job Description sets out the organisational position, reporting lines, key accountabilities and relationships.
MAIN COLLEGE LOCATION: XXXX College
The purpose of this role is to contribute, in a variable shift pattern as part of a team, to the provision of first class facilities for students and a safe, secure environment for students, staff and visitors. Due to the nature of this role there will be a requirement at times to work out of doors in all weathers. Some Saturday working is required, there may also be a requirement to work
occasional Sundays and Bank Holidays.
• Key holding duties, opening and closing of the college at specified times. Site supervision to prevent trespass, unauthorised parking and unsafe practices as far as possible.
• To respond and attend to emergency calls out of normal working hours.
• Undertaking of building maintenance and repair work to a competent level under the direction of the College Keeper; reporting on the need for specialist repairs.
• To use Share Point helpdesk to monitor and complete Facilities requests at least twice a day.
• The reporting of illegal entries/vandalism to College Keeper and where required to police.
• Act as Fire Warden
• Operation of heating plant, Fire Panel, Security Alarm Panel. The provision of accurate fuel and energy readings, giving due care to energy conservation.
• Daily cleanliness of all exterior hard surface areas including litter bins. Keeping gulleys and drains clear of obstructions. Undertaking of specified internal cleaning to the required standard, including the removal of graffiti.
• Dealing with bursts, leaks, fires, breakages and spillages as necessary.
• Regular inspections of service appliances for repair or report, including light fittings, pipes, clocks etc.
• The monitoring of tradesmen on site, ensuring correct identification and deployment.
• During College events support the Premises team in the moving of furniture and other miscellaneous or ad hoc requirements as required
• Assisting the College Keeper to monitor cleaning and other contracted services.
• Porter duties including college deliveries where appropriate.
• Re stocking replenishing and stock taking of general toiletry supplies.
• Maintenance of weekly stock reports.
• Movement of furniture and equipment as required
• Maintenance of college estates equipment where appropriate.
• To assist with grounds maintenance.
• To maintain compliance with Health & Safety Legislation and Statutory duties Personal Competencies (Accountable at Level 1 – please refer to Corporation Competency Framework): Core Competencies
• Valuing Equality and Diversity
• Working with People; Team Working, Communication
• Results Focus; Drive to Achieve Excellence, Technical Skills & Professionalism
• Focus on Delivery; Organisational Awareness, Customer/Student Focus
• Self Motivation; Adaptability & Flexibility, Accountability
Salary- based on experience & quals- £22,000- £25,000. Temp – perm
Xede Ltd is acting as an Employment Business and the successful applicant will be engaged by the agency on a PAYE basis. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and full applicant vetting processes will be carried out, including enhanced DBS checks Childrens and/or Adults Barred List checks included for any applications made. This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.